The STEAM Shed
We’re passionate about building a supportive, inclusive community of makers, artists, crafters, and inventors who want to share skills, support each other, and have fun through making.
The STEAM Shed is our community makerspace, stocked with materials and fitted with equipment such as laser cutter, 3D printer, kiln, and sublimation printer.
You can become a member for £30 per month. The membership fee not only gives you access to our facilities, but supports our community projects and goes towards making Wigan a better place to live.
Membership is £30 per month, for this you get:
- Access to all equipment and materials free of any additional charge during our opening hours
- Free induction to all equipment
- Project storage space
- Access to a closed Facebook group
- Heavily discounted/free workshops
- Free entry to weekly Maker Nights
- First refusal for stalls at events such as STEAMFest (our yearly STEAM festival), and our bi-annual Maker Market.
From October we will also be holding Maker Nights every Wednesday – this will be a social evening for members and non-members to share projects, learn from each other, and meet like-minded people.
Want to become a member?
If you are interested in joining as a member, pop in to pick up a membership pack or download it here. Have a read through our terms and conditions, and if you’re happy with everything, get in touch with us by either emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or just pop in and speak to a member of staff.